I had a dream back when my kids were babies. I dreamed when they were all in school, I would start my own at-home business, probably something to do with event planning since I had some background in that area. Everything was going according to plan until 2008, when we sent our oldest child off to preschool. My husband and I had started talking about homeschooling, and I knew if we decided to homeschool, my dream would have to wait. But the more we prayed about homeschooling, the more clear God made it that this was the path He was calling our family to take. My dream would have to wait.
Fast forward six years. We’re in the trenches of homeschooling, with four children. I had lost about 40 pounds through eating healthy and regular exercise. I felt younger than ever, and was praying for how God may use my struggles with weight loss to encourage other women. I had become a TRX instructor, and was teaching a couple of classes at the gym each week. I wanted to do more with fitness, but I can only spend so much time at the gym because homeschooling comes first and the most precious time to teach my children is in the morning when they are fresh and more focused.
Then I met my coach. She wasn’t my coach at the time. She was just someone I connected with through social media. She asked me if I had ever considered coaching. No, actually, I hadn’t even heard of online coaching…and I doubted I would be any good at it, since I am still on my own health journey. I told her I wasn’t interested and that was that.
Because of the growing demands of our homeschool schedule, I started looking for options that would let me workout on my time, not just during the time gym childcare is open. (Most gym childcare areas are only open in the morning and the evenings. I couldn’t find a gym with childcare in the afternoon, the perfect time for me to workout.)
It was about this time I reconnected with that coach who had encouraged me to become a coach. I had been re-thinking the whole coaching thing, and doing a little research to see if it was a legitimate business. I had a lot of questions. But my husband and I prayed about it, and considered it to be a pretty low-risk investment. If it blew up in my face, I would still have a home workout program. We agreed I would give it a try and if it didn’t work out, I could just quit.
That was almost nine months ago. . .I cannot imagine stopping now!
- This is MY dream.
- This is the DREAM I had put on the back burner when we decided to homeschool.
- This is my BUSINESS I had hoped to have someday.
- This is God’s ANSWER TO MY PRAYER for how I can encourage other women struggling with their weight.
As a new coach, I received so much great training and resources from my team. I could not have imagined the blessings that would come from being an online health and fitness coach.
- I am able to connect with people all over the United States and help them achieve their health and fitness goals.
- I get paid every week doing something I LOVE.
- I receive messages regularly from my challengers sharing their successes. If I ever feel like my ‘job’ is not worthwhile, I just read one of their messages. They are the reason I do what I do. I am making a difference in their lives and it is an amazing feeling to be part of that.
- I set my work hours and work from home, when it suits my schedule and doesn’t interfere with our homeschool schedule.
- The women in my challenge groups help keep me accountable to my goals. They keep me motivated as much as I motivate them.
My Mission: To help moms feel great inside and out. I want moms to see how valuable they are, and understand if we, as wives and moms, are healthy, it will help our families be healthier, too. I know I do most of the shopping for my family: I’m the one deciding what’s for dinner most nights and what food is in the pantry. My kids look and see what food I am eating. When I exercise, my kids want to join me.
I can’t do this alone. I can only reach so many moms. That’s how TEAM IMPACT is making a difference. That’s my team of coaches. I would love to share this opportunity with you and see if it would be a good fit for you and your family, too. As a new coach on my team, you will receive the same great training I received and you will have the same opportunities to make this business your own. It’s a dream come true for me.